With the inauguration of Museum of Happiness, new evolution of museum spaces was introduced for the first time in Saudi Arabia. The imaginative, multisensory, and interactive installations in the Museum of Hap piness makes it one of the most talked about museums in the kingdom. The Happiness Museum in Riyadh is a fantastic location for Instagram stories with the most action. Through this unique experience, one can raise dopamine and serotonin levels and boost their happy hormones.
What is a Museum of Happiness?
Pedaling one’s way to freshly squeezed lemonade or sitting in a bathtub full of rubber ducks? Or how about sharing a seat on top of a huge cake with special someone? If one visit the recently opened Museum of Happiness in Riyadh, one might be surprised to learn that this sounds like a fever dream but is actually achievable. New pop-up museums encourage visitors to be photogenic and interactive, in contrast to traditional museums where doing so is prohibited.
The Museum of Happiness, the newest offering from Saudi entertainment promoters the Gathering, is tucked away at the far end of the opulent Riyadh Front. The ministry of culture, which sponsors the attraction, describes it as an exhibit that inspires visitors to rediscover the exhilarating rush of childhood. One can explore 10 themed rooms on a 45-minute tour with a tour guide and photographer by their side. Each room has its own special interactive object and a photo opportunity.
Museum of happiness opening hours
- 04:00 pm – 11:00 pm (Sunday – Thursday)
- 02:00 pm – 11:00 pm (Friday – Saturday)
To ensure a smooth experience, please arrive 15 minutes before the time listed on the ticket. If one arrive after the scheduled time, they will need to wait until a tour slot becomes available. This condition does not guarantee admission to the Museum of Happiness.
Photography is both permitted and welcomed! Any professional video equipment, media shoots, or commercial or product shoots are prohibited without prior authorization from the Museum of Happiness Marketing Department.
Museum of happiness ticket price
The cost of admission to the Museum of Happiness in Riyadh varies by visitor age. Discounts are given to visitors between the ages of 2 and 12.
Here are the prices for admission to the are as follows:
- Regular starting at SAR 92
- Regular Kids (Ages 2-12) starting at SAR 31
Things to do inside the Museum of Happiness
A large pink teddy bear in a room with pink furry walls welcomes guests as soon as they enter. The next set of attractions are picturesque “Lewis Carroll meets Studio Ghibli” sights that will pique the interest of both kids and adults.
- The Cake Room: A life-sized cherry-covered cake is present in the museum where one can pose on with their partner, sibling, or best friend.
- The Bicycle Room: A room of bicycles is located in the museum attached to blenders so one can see the fruits of their labor and a cup of hard-earned lemonade is one of the main attractions of the museum.
- The Cactus Room: It is a room with many huge cactus decorated in green color with a swing installed in the middle. It can be a great choice for taking interesting pictures for social media.
- The Confetti Dome: It is a room that features thousands of confetti pieces blowing in the air. It is one space that will make one laugh. Overall, if one is having a bad day, the experience is definitely worthwhile.
- The bubblegum room: It is a room decorated in blue, white, and pink color. It has a wall with candy dispensers and a big glass jar kept in the middle with colorful balls. One can go inside the jar and click a lot of photographs.
- The Pink Pool: It is room where a swimming pool structure is filled up with pink crafts.
- The Duck Room: It is room with a bathtub filled with yellow little ducks. It is a perfect location to go with friends in order to enjoy themselves.
Museum of Happiness tour
The tour includes complimentary refreshments like cotton candy, ice cream, lemonade, and gumballs. The sugar rush will make one smile even more than the enormous teddy bear and marshmallow pool. One can buy some mementos, have a cup of coffee, and have their happiness tour photos printed or put on a CD at the booth at the end of the tour.
Things to remember while exploring the museum
1. Do not litter the place
2. Follow the instructions mentioned in each room
3. Outside food is not allowed
4. Wear comfortable footwear
5. Avoid going on weekends as the place gets crowded
If one is looking for a truly unique and different experience, the Museum of Happiness is an ideal location. It’s also ideal for a fun night out with friends, a date with the significant other, or celebrate the child’s birthday. It’s definitely a photogenic location where one can take lots of pictures; in a way, it acts as a staged photo shoot.
Suggested Read: 7 Museums In Riyadh To Learn The History Of Saudi Arabia
Museum Of Happiness FAQs
How many rooms are there inside the museum of happiness?
There are a total of 10 rooms decorated in different themes like bubblegum, cactus, ducks, pink pool, etc.
Is photography allowed inside the museum of happiness?
Yes, photography is allowed inside the museum.
What are the hours of operation for the Museum of Happiness?
The museum is open Thursday through Sunday from 4:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m., and Friday and Saturday from 2:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
How much time does it take to take a full tour of the museum of happiness?
In approximately 45 minutes, one can take a full tour of the museum.
What is the entry fee for the museum of happiness?
The ticket cost for each adult is 24.6 USD and for children of 2-12 yrs are 8.22 USD.