The new guidelines for baggage and standardized luggage will be crucial to carry out hassle free Hajj 2022. The guidelines provide an insight into the essential items needed to head on the pilgrimage.
The Hajj is an annual pilgrimage to Saudi Arabia’s holy city, Makkah. Muslims execute it on the 12th month of the Islamic Hijri calendar year, between the eighth and thirteenth days of the month of Dhul-Hijjah. While conducting Hajj is difficult (both spiritually and physically), it is essential to plan ahead of time. More than a million pilgrims are expected to attend Saudi Arabia for Hajj 2022. Pilgrims should be aware that the Hajj Committee across the globe will provide Haj pilgrims with standardized luggage. Further, if pilgrims have any luggage-related questions, they can contact their Provincial Haj Committee offices.
Luggage guidelines for Hajj 2022
- The Haj Committee of different nations will provide standardized luggage to pilgrims and deliver such bags to the address listed on the cover head of the Haj online application.
- As a result, pilgrims are requested to verify their luggage delivery location via the Haj Portal by May 14th, 2022.
- The pilgrim can update their status by logging into the Haj Organization app or website.
- Pilgrims should call their local State Haj Committee headquarters if they have any questions. Pilgrims are asked to label their luggage with their cover number, identity, location, flight number, and embarking port.
- A total of 40 kilos (in two pieces) of checked luggage will be allowed per pilgrim.
- It would be easy if the smaller bag had wheels so pilgrims could use it as a cart on their pilgrimage to Makkah and Madinah.
List of crucial items to have in baggage for Hajj 2022
- Keep the passport in the baggage at all times. Before departing, one must provide it to the airport administration.
- The pieces of fabric worn by visitors during haj are referred to as Ihram. It is a symbol of Muslim togetherness.
- Visitors may carry a pocket-sized Quran and a dua book in the baggage. They may recite the Quran or dua while on the plane or anywhere.
- Always bring an umbrella during Hajj to protect oneself from the searing sun.
- Don’t forget to bring a prayer mat. Make sure it’s not too heavy.
- Female pilgrims are required to wear at least two hijabs. They should also have a clothespin, rubber band, and hair clips.
- Don’t forget to bring a smartphone charger. Double-check the luggage to see if everything is kept.
- A pair of goggles is usually not essential, but it is always a good idea to have on hand. It protects the eyes from the sun’s rays.
Inside the flight, one should have the following items
- Waist pouch: The waist pouch is where one may keep their passport, ticket, and money.
- Cotton: Always have cotton on hand. Due to a pressure imbalance on the plane, visitors may get an earache.
- Lock: To avoid theft, keep the bags locked at all times. Make sure pilgrims have a pain reliever, dysentery control pills, additional surgical masks, and hand sanitizer.
- Pen and diary: To note down essential details about the journey.
Before and after Hajj, pilgrims should organize their schedules. In addition, they should ensure that they abide by the guidelines of travel and baggage set by the Hajj committees of other nations and have kept all essential items before setting off for their spiritual journey.